- We looked at prefabricated container systems as a possible 'material'.
- Interested in exploring positive and negative space.
- Trying to see if we can modify different elements such as the ramp to become ampitheatres, or grab bars that become monkey bars.
- Creating territories and identities, one class room and adjacent open space as one territory.
- Constructing modular classrooms in a short time span, but designed for aproximately 5 years of use.
- Mechanical/sustainable systems.
- Programming based on age of kids: Kindergarden and 1st Grade needs bathroom, gathering space, 5th and 6th graders need book shelves.
One visit of about an hour. Understand the kid's likes and dislikes of the classrooms. Collage and model making activities.
Teams: The innie and the outie
Innie: Jeff, Reiko, Dannon: Taking a look at the interior.
Outie: Howard, Jason, Sam: Taking a look at the exterior.
Katie and anyone else can contact people to see where they'd like to work.
The tasks are meant to be switched up in the future.